Help and Advice: 01782 286046
The following qualifications form part of the QA Food Safety suite of qualifications. There are three routes to choose from to obtain your Level 2 Food Safety Award depending on your workplace environment or preference;
- Food Safety in Catering (QCF) – 1 Day
- Food Safety for Manufacturing (QCF) – 1 Day
- Food Safety for Retail – 1 Day
The objective of these qualification is to educate learners in food safety. they include how individuals have a responsibility for food safety, the importance of food hygiene, keeping work areas clean and tidy, safe food handling practises and keeping food safe.
This qualification contains 1 mandatory unit with a total value of 1 credit. Learners must complete all assessments in the unit successfully within the registration period to achieve this qualification. The maximum period to achieve this qualification, including any referrals is 4 weeks.
Anyone who handles food, or plans to handle food, in the catering industry, manufacturing or retail environment. It would also be beneficial to anyone who comes into contact, due to the nature of their work, with food handling areas e.g. pest control officers, teaching assistants and delivery personnel.
- Learners must be at least 16years old on the first day of training
- A level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent would be beneficial
Some possible routes of progression are:
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (QCF)
- Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering (QCF)