Help and Advice: 01782 286046
Personal Training Level 3 Diploma
This qualification is designed to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes, developing their skills and knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
There are no specific pre-requisite qualifications but some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore a degree if physical fitness is necessary.
The course consists of:
10 Mandatory Units
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
Methods of Recording Study
Your qualification will be evidenced through a paper based portfolio with both interactive and classroom based learning.
The diploma requires the development of underpinning knowledge (theory) and observations in the workplace to demonstrate competence. You will need to complete the mandatory units to achieve the 52 credit requirement.
Guided Learning Hours
36 hours (diploma).
Examples of this are on the job work experience, 1-2-1 learning and group teaching.
The qualification will span over 6 weeks, with 2x3hour sessions per week.