Help and Advice: 01782 286046
Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Road Passenger Vehicle Driving
(Taxi & Private Hire)
Entry to the Course
The LETS Academy tutors are passionate about getting their students to do the very best that they can in return we welcome students that have a commitment and drive to succeed, that can attend punctually and be dedicated to learning. Candidates need to be driving a taxi or private hire vehicle presently.
Applicants will be required to show acceptable evidence of speaking and listening skills in English at B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference. This is equivalent to ESOL Entry Level 3. Further help and support with reading and vocabulary related to the taxi industry can be provided prior to enrolment and throughout the course.
This course normally takes 3 to 6 months but we are able to tailor specific courses to suit your business needs in order to qualify to Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Road Passenger Vehicle Driving (Taxi & Private Hire).
What Will I Study?
This course requires students to complete a number of modules from mandatory and optional groups which may be selected according to your current work position.
Mandatory Units Include:
- Ensure health and safety of the taxi and private hire driver and passengers
- Drive a taxi or private hire vehicle in a professional manner
- Provide professional customer service in a taxi or private hire industries
- Provide a safe and legal vehicle for transporting passengers by taxi and/ or private hire
- Provide a transport service in a taxi or private hire industries for customers who require assistance
- Provide a service to customers using a wheelchair in an accessible taxi or private hire vehicle
- Transport parcel, luggage and other items in the taxi or private industries
- Transport children and young person’s by taxi, private hire or chauffeuring