Help and Advice: 01782 286046
The Certificate in Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver at QCF Level 2
Learners will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as health and safety in the taxi work environment; vehicle maintenance and safety inspections; routes and fares; map reading and route planning; and transporting of children and young people.
It will provide learners with an understanding of current legislation and good customer service. The qualification will develop and enhance the range of skills and techniques required to deliver high quality services to the travelling public.
Entry to the Course
The LETS Academy tutors are passionate about getting their students to do the very best that they can in return we welcome students that have a commitment and drive to succeed, that can attend punctually and be dedicated to learning.
The Certificate in Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver at QCF level 2 is suitable for drivers already employed within the taxi and private hire industry as well as new entrants.
Entry is at the discretion of LETS Academy. Learners should be employed within the taxi and private hire driver industry (or be prospective employees).
Applicants will be required to show acceptable evidence of speaking and listening skills in English at B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference. This is equivalent to ESOL Entry Level 3.
What Will I Study?
This course requires students to complete a number of modules from mandatory and optional groups which may be selected according to your current work position.
Mandatory Units Include:
– Health and Safety in the Taxi and Private Hire Work Environment
– Road Safety when Driving Passengers in a Taxi or Private Hire Vehicle
– Professional Customer Service in the Taxi and Private Hire Industry
– Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Maintenance and Safety Inspections
– The Regulatory Framework of the Taxi and Private Hire Industry
– Taxi and Private Hire Services for Passengers who Require Assistance
– Routes and Fares in the Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Industries
– Transporting of Parcels, Luggage and Other Items in the Taxi and Private Hire Industries
– Transporting of Children and Young Persons by Taxi or Private Hire Vehicle
How is it Assessed?
This qualification is assessed by multiple choice tests. In addition there is a practical assessment required within the Unit Taxi and Private Hire Services for Passengers who Require Assistance.